Tuesday, April 1, 2008

My girls.

I have to take a moment and say how much I love my kids. They are crazy, hyper, sassy, whiny, clingy, stubborn, independent, creative, imaginative, industrious, curious, devious, energetic, manipulative, funny, brilliant, beautiful, wonderful girly girls! And I love them!
Today I had someone (Jenny) tell me about her experience babysitting them and how she just cracked up at how imaginative they were, and yet amazed at how happy and self-entertaining they were. And how Andrea, at 2 weeks of being potty-trained, let Jenny know she had to "go" and then when she was done excitedly yelled at the top of her lungs, "I DID IT!"
And then there was Lacie, who took all the goldfish crackers over to the blue chair rail to have them go 'swimming.' And when Jenny tried cleaning up the play-doh Lacie looked at her very seriously and said, "No, no, no," while shaking her head as if Jenny had been very naughty. So funny!
It is so fun to see them finally wanting to play with each other instead of only beating on each other, although now that means that they're both little cohorts when it comes to mischief. They definitely give me a run for my money! But they are good, sweet kids who are happy and want everyone else to be happy. They adore their Daddy, they love sharing a bed, they love dressing up like ballerinas, they love Oreos and Capri Suns, they love taking baths so that they can play in the bubbles and be mermaids, they love climbing on the couches, they love hiding under their blankets, they love going to the store, they love McDonald's, they love screaming, they love being outside, they love digging in the sand, they love reading books, they love movies, they love having things on their heads, they love my shoes, they love Barbie, they love talking to Grandma on the phone, they love looking at pictures of themselves, friends and family, they love saying the prayer, they love Uncle Joe & Aunt Sally, they love attention, they love each other.
And I love them.


Sweet Andrea!



My Lacie-monkey
(Lately Mark has been asking her, "Where's my monkey?" to which she replies, "oooh ahhh eeeee!")

1 comment:

Jen said...

What a sweet entry. I loved that!