Monday, April 28, 2008

A Dramatic change...

Okay, it's been a long time coming (5 1/2 years!). But here are the "before" and "after" pics of the kitchen. Keep in mind that our kitchen is still not completely finished - lots of final touch ups to do like the molding, painting the beadboard, etc. But I figure if I don't post this now I will never get around to it. Oh yeah, and the "before" pics are from what we originally started out with, from when we moved into the house.
Enjoy! I know I do!! :)


BEFORE: looking into the dining room



AFTER...




BEFORE: from the dining to the kitchen adjacent...



AFTER...




BEFORE: looking straight on in the kitchen...



AFTER...




And here's one of the "in-between" stage...




Crazy, huh? Amazing the difference knocking out a wall, walling up a door, adding a floor, replacing cabinets, cupboards, counters, sink, oven/stove, light fixtures, and nasty old wallpaper can make! Oh yeah, and the help of a few years plus a few thousand dollars. But who's keeping track?

15 comments:

Jen said...

It looks amazing! Way to go!

Jami said...

How exciting! It looks great!

Barney Lund said...

Oh my goodness, Netty! That's incredible. It looks like a completely different place. I hope it you don't start liking it so much that you'll stay down in Texas forever...well, unless I end up moving down there, too. :)

Congrats to you and especially Mark on a fantabulous job!

Mommydew said...

Wow! I mean it's a totally different kitchen. You guys did an awesome job!

Jen York said...

It looks SO GREAT! What a pretty kitchen! Way to go, you two!

Sally said...

Wow, I'm so impressed!! You two did a beautiful job!

Molly said...

You should win a prize! I bet you're in heaven when you cook now. I love it!

Courtenay said...

Hi Jeanette, this is Courtenay. Your kitchen looks fabulous!!!!! I am so happy for you guys...even though it was sad to see your writing wall go.

Sorry for sneaking off like thieves in the night the other day. It was great to see you guys!

Bill Gates II said...

Wow, you guys! That is amazing! Congratulations. Can't wait to see it in person!

GaryB said...

Coooool!

GaryB said...

Coooool!

Jon said...

Sweet!

Lisa said...

Love it! I hate remodeling, but when it's done, it's so nice!

MoM said...

Job well done, Mark and Jeanette! Your kitchen is beautiful. What's for dinner?

Jen said...

I just have to tell you that my kids are mesmerized by "the house that had a big hole in it." They keep asking to see the pictures ;o)