Wednesday, January 4, 2012

UPDATE!!

Ready for a super-dee-duper-ly long post? Cause here it comes!
**people reading this on email, I truly apologize if this crashes your email or something of that nature. it's long. with tons of pictures. and did I mention it was long? it is. if you can't view it, you can always go to the web address:

I took a bit of a hiatus from blogging. Not sure why except I've been busy, sick, overwhelmed, stressed, traveling, and the usual crazy. Well, that and I'm generally speaking lazy whenever I can get away with it.
Anyhoo.
Here's a nice long recap since... October. Oy.


We went with some friends to the Dallas Arboretum to see the pumpkin display

and get faces painted:


Butterfly 1

Butterfly 2

Pirate mate-y!

Puppy dog

Tiger 1

Tiger 2 (my favorite shot of the day)


Yay for the Pumpkin Patch --- that they weren't actually supposed to be getting into... oops.

On the way back to our car we found O.J. Simpson's missing glove.


RANDOM ALERT:
ever wonder why your kid's backpack is so full?
I have strange children.


For Halloween Lacie enjoyed dressing up,

Hyrum was possibly the cutest cowboy ever,

Andrea loved getting into character - even if she hadn't actually ever seen the Hunchback of Notre Dame (she's Esmerelda),

fun, fun!

We went to the ECI Fall Festival. Ironic that for a group of kids who probably the majority of them suffer with sensory issues, the organization of therapists puts on a party where it was crazy loud, jam-packed, with lots of sugary food and a ridiculous amount of activities going on all at once. Hmmmm...

Hyrum & Lacie danced,

Hyrum fell,

and was soon-afterwards "done."


Jacob is cute!!



Hyrum still puts things up his nose and occasionally can't get them out without assistance.



Then he had a birthday (#3).

Jake had a great time.


Hyrum loved his cake.

Can you blame him?! (Wal-Mart made it)

Soon afterwards, Lacie had a birthday (#6).

Wal-mart did not make this cake. And yes, you're counting correctly - Lacie put 8 candles on her cake. Kindergarten is going well.


I tried to get fancy with what little hair she has.

We love our princess!



Then Mark made a giraffe out of pennies.

Hyrum got hurt

Lacie got sick


I'm trying to learn to do hair.



Jacob looks darling in his hat!

So does Hyrum.

Hyrum is just a cute kid,

dinosaur,

pirate,

as Buzz Lightyear,

or with a diaper on his head.


Notice Jake holding Dinosaur Hyrum's tail? Yes, he's learning to defend himself.

Here is our blockade to keep him out of the kitchen:


Proof that some times I can be a cool, fun mom:



Our pretty Christmas tree that Mark scored for free last January!

Aww...

Oh yes, and Jake can now pull himself up to standing position and shimmy along boxes and furniture like a pro. (10 months old) I think that happened when I blinked.

5 comments:

Jen said...

Those are some fancy shmancy hairdos! Wow! Fun pics!

Jessica said...

Great update! It's amazing how life flies by.

I can see pinterest at play. :)

me said...

Hooray!! Cute, cute, cute kids! And I agree with Jen--fancy shmancy hairdos! Funny about the loud party for the sensory-sensitive. :S Yes, cutest cowboy! And I can't believe how much Jake has changed already. Holy moly.

Great update! Thanks!

me said...

Oh, and I really like Mark's giraffe. Cool. What a creative family.

Anonymous said...

Love your hair.

Miss you guys.