Thursday, January 26, 2012

Cooking

Question: what do you do when your kitchen looks like this?



Answer: well.... most people would probably clean it. Me? Nah. Let's just make some more mess!
Today I decided to play with some whole wheat recipes:

Tried-&-true bread:



Whole-wheat brownies that, oddly, had no chocolate/cocoa in them except the choc. chips I opted to sprinkle on top. Weird, but tasty!



Half white/half whole-wheat breadsticks. Tastes fine. It lacks a little in the presentation...





Oh, and here's a random shot for you - wanna guess what it is?



Scout camp-out dinner, of course! Mark has lofty goals of getting the verrry urban boys in our ward un-citified. Yeah. Like I said, it's a lofty goal. But he sure tries! On his last scout camp-out he brought 2 live roosters with them. Why? Look back at that picture. Oh yes. He made the boys kill, pluck and cook their dinner. Personally, I think he let them off easy by cleaning & cutting them himself. But then, he had to eat it, too. So maybe that was just a smart move on his part? But it didn't stop there. Later on he boiled down the carcass and rolled out from-scratch noodles, to make a delicious chicken noodle soup. Impressive!

Here's the best part: rather than chopping their heads or wringing their necks, they SHOT the roosters. One bullet to the back of the head, execution style. You can take a boy out of the city, but...

4 comments:

Jen said...

Wow! Cool recipe experimenting. The whole wheat stuff sounds awesome. Mark's rooster stuff? Grosses me out! Ahhh! I'm sure it is very cool to a guy, though :)

me said...

Brownies without chocolate or cocoa??? That's a new one.
Whoah, hard core, Mark!

Sally said...

Oh. my. heck. They killed/plucked/ate roosters?? I guess I'm too city-fied, too. That's something I do NOT want to see. Homemade ckn noodle soup, though--that's impressive!! And btw, sometimes the best way to deal with such a mess is avoidance... :) I'm impressed w/the wheat stuff! Were the brownies the blonde brownies?

Amy said...

Heehee. I wish I knew he was doing that, I think I'd have tried to be present...maybe. Also, you inspire me with your wheaty mad skillz!