Saturday, October 22, 2011

Jacob

So after a few reminders, I realized I really haven't posted about my little angel baby much at all. What's that saying? The squeaky wheel gets the oil? Well, he is definitely not the squeaky wheel in our house. Although, I think he is starting to catch on...


Jacob truly is an angel baby.


I call him my "reward" baby :) From the get-go he has been mild-mannered and totally easy-going. Even now, I can leave him in his baby carrier for the duration of nursery (for his protection), and he is happy as a clam just watching all the activity going on.


He loves watching animated conversation. When it turns to him, he gets so excited he kicks his little legs and rewards you with all sorts of smiles and coos. He'll happily 'go' to anyone who wants to hold him - although, I think he is getting a bit more aware now when Mom isn't around. Still, though, he's amazing.


He has quite a healthy appetite. He loves sweet potatoes. He tolerates squash & other mixed veggies. Loves peaches, pears, applesauce. HATES bananas and peas. Lately his sleep (and mine) has been suffering for want of more food. I figure it's a on-going growth spurt. And with how easy he is to put to sleep, I have no complaints. He is a lot like Hyrum in that respect. He didn't like being swaddled for the first 4 or 5 months, but now he does. Wrap him up, stick a binky in his mouth and he is good to go!


He absolutely loves baths. He loves the water, and he loves to kick! Afterwards he loves getting all wrapped up and cuddling. So fun.


At 7 months he is just about ready to officially crawl. Right now he is pretty adept at scooting and rolling to his desired location. But as far as the real crawling goes, he can get on his knees and hands for only a little bit before he faceplants to the floor. It's actually pretty funny to watch. (Sorry I have no picture of it - WISH that I did!)


He is definitely not as stocky as Hyrum was, but he's sure growing like a weed. Long and lean.

(next to his second cousin, Kate South)

Mostly though, this kid is just a joy. He's happy, smiley, loves to engage, loves to be with people. He is WONDERFUL!


We love baby Jake!

4 comments:

Jen said...

Cute baby :)

Sally said...

Now THAT was a great make-up post for Baby Jake :) Oh my heavens, I can't believe how big he has gotten! And I can't believe he and Hyrum look so different, and yet both look just like Mark (IMO)!

The Eggleston family said...

Wow, what an adorable baby!I can't believe how big he is! I don't know if I remember seeing that he was born! Hope you all are doing really well,and might I add that you look beautiful!!

Another Whitemarsh Family Blog said...

He is adorable! Big, bright eyes. I am trying to do more updates. We will see how long it lasts. :) You are my inspiration. You keep up so well! And you have 4! :)