Thursday, October 20, 2011

I Dig it, Man!

Cool! Mark just called in to the Dennis Miller show. It's a talk-radio show he loves listening to because the host is so funny. He's very intelligent, mostly leans the same way Mark does politically, but has a vocabulary that comes straight from the '60s-'70s. It's fun. And Mark loves him.

So when he (Dennis Miller) started talking about his neighbor getting a new dog and how obnoxious it is that the dog barks all night and then asked for caller suggestions... Well, Mark HAD to call in.
And maybe it's not that big of a deal, but my experience is that it's actually kinda hard to 'get in' when calling up radio shows. Maybe it's just me.
Regardless, it was exciting and fun for Mark (and therefore me). Plus he got to relay his idea of slitting open a hot dog, stuffing in 2 or 3 Tylenol PMs, and tossing it over the fence. Dog is out in under 10 minutes flat. Dennis Miller's reaction: "Ladies and Gentlemen, there is one ingenious cat. I dig it, man!"
Made Mark's night. :)

3 comments:

Jen said...

That is hilarious! You guys are superstars!

Sally said...

That is awesome :) I hope your neighbor didn't also hear that, ha!

Heather said...

That's great! Good for Mark. I got in once to a radio show and was so surprised that I ended up sounding really lame and it was on air.