Sunday, October 2, 2011

Copy-cat - and a little color crazy

In case you missed Jen's latest posts, one of them highlighted her prep for General Conference. Wow! Impressive, to say the least. Or, as Mark put it:
"Over-achievers.com."
I, of course, am once again, green with envy. Well, more like just totally in admiration of her awesome efforts (and success!). Now to be fair, this was a project she's been working on for some time. It has evolved over the last 3 conference seasons. And looking at all the work that went into it, it's easy to see why. We're talking serious time investment finding pictures, sizing, spacing, plotting, planning, coloring, laminating, cutting, gluing, cutting, more cutting, etc.
So of course I was THRILLED TO PIECES when I asked if I could copy her and she emailed me all her hard work she'd put together.
!!!
Hooray! Awesomeness without the work!
Okay, it did take some work. But I was able to hammer it out in a couple days (I finished around 4am this morning - and no, I did NOT sleep through Conference, thank you very much!). Thank you, Jen! And thanks again for posting on Thursday, so I was able to do it in time to actually use it. Yay!

Anyway, here is my finished product. It is a little modified, but I think it suits our family just perfectly.

Ta da!







I love it! And the kids have had fun posting the speakers, topics, organists, etc.
Okay, so maybe Conference today was still chaotic -- I doubt very much that the kids actually HEARD anything...
Hey, it's a goal to work towards, right?
:)


7 comments:

Jen said...

W O W !!! I love it! Your modifications are quite brilliant, too! I like how you put the topics right on the board. Gee... makes me wonder if I should modify mine. I can't believe you finished it as quickly as you did :) Way to go! That is sooooo cool!

Jen said...

P.S. Sorry I missed Tad Callister from the Pres. of 70. I thought there was a change in that presidency last time, but checked the LDS Newsroom, which has NOT been updated yet. Today, I found the updated pics and people on the lds.org church organization page. I figure I'll wait to update him and other pics after the April Conference when there might be some auxiliary changes. :) Anyway, nice job again!

Net said...

I love that you APOLOGIZE that you didn't do all the updates. You're hilarious. I am just so grateful for all the INCREDIBLE work you did. Thank you!

(oh, and glad you like it. :))

Lisa said...

Ummmm....Can I have one? That is AMAZING....

Anonymous said...

Stealing this idea!

Anonymous said...

ANd yes, yes, I fully understand that I do not have children... and no, I don't mean for me and porter.. I have officially made a list entitled "Fun things to Do When I Have Kids" and now your last two post have made the list!! :) A little baby hungry? I think yes.

Jami said...

A.ma.zing :)