Thursday, October 13, 2011

Big Night!

Soooo...
cutting hair seems to be a common... problem?... in our house. The other day Andrea was getting fed up with the hair in her eyes and finally couldn't take it any more. Naturally, she cut it out of the way. Of course! She's my kid, right? [roll eyes here]
It wouldn't have been so bad if it weren't RIGHT in the front. And a part in the back.
And oh yeah, tomorrow is picture day. Yay!
In a panic, Andrea asked me to "fix" her hair so she'd look pretty tomorrow. Now, believe it or not, I have actually learned my lesson (mostly) about cutting hair and to not to. Feeling responsible, I took her to a salon to get it done.
...
It came out a bit shorter than I had anticipated.

Andrea tried to keep it together and even politely thanked the lady for the hair cut, but then outside the store told me she felt like a boy and that her stomach had 'the kind of pain that makes you feel sick and like you're going to throw-up.' Great.
KEENLY aware of how much a major haircut can devastate you, I told her we'd get her some cute headbands and clips,
AND
on impulse, that she could get her ears pierced.
Mind you, she has been BEGGING for this for a good 6 months now. I had always told her she could have it done when she turned 8. Not because I think it's that big of a deal, but I want her to be responsible for taking care of her ears on her own, and if you are old enough to decide whether or not to get baptized, I think you're plenty old enough to take care of your ears.
But it's not like she's not already mature enough now. Trust me, the kid is years beyond her age. And again, with the whole haircut thing.
So, we did it!
She picked out some cute rainbow daisy earrings and was super brave through it all. She asked the lady right before she pierced them, "I wonder if I'll scream?" :)
She didn't.
Oh. My. Goodness.
The kid is on cloud 9. When we got home we styled her hair and "practiced" her smile for tomorrow. All I had to do was say, "Show me how much you like your ears pierced."
[cue the beaming]

And really, isn't she a doll?




6 comments:

Jen said...

Cute :)

Courtenay said...

What a night:)! Tell Andrea she looks beautiful. Hailey has been dying to get her ears pierced and I told her that she can when she stops biting her nails. For the first time in 3 years her nails are long enough for me to clip. Her big day will be coming soon too. Wow, they grow up so fast (sniff, sniff)

me said...

Yes, she's a doll!

Lisa said...

Ok, she looks JUST like Madalyn did when she cut off all her hair! But Andrea's hair is a bit longer on top than Madalyn's hair was, so at least it isn't a boy cut! I think she looks adorable, and yes, I made a LOT of hair flower clips so people would know Madalyn was a girl!

Jessica said...

She looks fantastic! She has the same haircut as Tinkerbell. :)

Heather said...

I was wondering about her makeover! She looks so sweet!