Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Lame

Last week I gave a random driver a good show. I was in the Elementary school's front parking lot when Hyrum decided to bolt into the street. Of course a car had to be coming right as he did this. Naturally I reached out for him, but being on the curb and in shoes I don't normally wear, I slipped, twisted my ankle and literally fell down into the street. Think spread-eagle, but laying on my back. Oh yeah, and I pulled Hyrum down on top of me. Ouch.

To the driver's credit, he had apparently seen Hyrum heading towards the street and had moved to the other side [of the street]. Then he slowed to a stop after witnessing my dramatic spill. I waved, acknowledging to him that I was okay, and please-don't-come-over-here-to-my-further-embarrassment.
And yes, it hurt. Like crazy.

Fast forward one week:

This morning I was walking the girls up to their school for morning drop-off. We waited at the crosswalk for the crossing guard to stop traffic and signal for us to come across. Once she signaled, we walked about half-way so we were in full view of all the stopped cars, the crossing guard, the safety patrol kids and teachers at the school, and any other parent/student crossing or just having crossed. Yes, friends, I chose this perfect moment to once again twist my ankle and dramatically tumble to the ground. Or rather, road.
So, so awesome!

I think next time I go to that school I will take advantage of the Halloween season and wear a mask, just in case.

4 comments:

Jen said...

Now that's what I call "Family Entertainment" only you're so generous to entertain so many more people ;)

I feel for your pain, Netty! You retell it in such a funny way, though. ;)

me said...

Glad the driver saw you guys! And way to go down in style. Twice.

Sally said...

You know what would top it all off? If the driver in the first story also happened to be there for the second--good thing you'll never know, eh? :D Thanks for sharing--I hope you are ok!!

Sally said...

P.S. Did you get my email?? :)