Thursday, February 3, 2011

No school... again!

Is it horrible that I am absolutely delighted that for the 4th day in a row IISD has announced there will be no school tomorrow?

HOORAY!
Honestly, I'm more excited than my kids - who are excited, by the way. Of course I would love to say that I've used all this time extremely well -- teaching the kids, playing with the kids, doing fun & educational projects with the kids, etc.
Nope.
It has meant sleeping in without the interruption of dropping-off/picking-up kids at school!
WOO-HOO!

Okay, lest I appear completely awful, we have had a blast with tons more playing time AND Mark stayed home most of the first couple days. What a treat! Yay for random Texas ice storms!

Although... I guess I ought to also mention that we are among the few lucky households who have not lost power, even a little bit. (knock on wood!) With record-low temperatures in the single digits, I can see how losing electricity might seriously alter my perception of this event.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Why didn't this happen when I was in school? This is awesome! Enjoy it so much!