Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Go Time

Okay.

It's officially the day.
Well, the day I picked out.
You know, months ago.
2/22/11
Good date to remember. Easy.
And consistent with how early I went on the other pregnancies.
So really, is it too much to ask?
I even finally got an infant car seat. Finally.
And bags are packed for me, baby, kids. I'll even throw in some treats for Mark.
Sitters are on alert.
Parents are waiting for the call to jump in the car & head down.
Mark's clients all know, so he's working from home. Mostly.
Cameras are packed, batteries charged. Kids' teachers have been informed.
Okay, the house is still a wreck, but we actually have the bassinet set up and in our room.
Blankets & clothes have been laundered, and we have diapers, binkys, bottles, and formula.

We have absolutely NEVER been this "prepared" to have a kid.


So... can I get my baby now?
Please?

4 comments:

Mommydew said...

I hope he comes today...but you realize being prepared makes it too easy for it not to happen. Stupid universe!!

Good luck when it does happen....today...(fingers crossed)

Chelsea said...

Yay! you go! good luck, hope it happens for you! let me know if you need anything!

Jen said...

No matter what, you are prepared, (which is quite impressive), so you have nothing to fear, right? Good luck with everything! I hope everything goes well!!

Sally T. said...

Because you are prepared...it's not going to happen today. I've got the same problem, really. I'm ready to go, so baby is settled in to make me wait. He hasn't even "dropped" yet.