Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Update

Blast.


So much for willing this baby to come on the day of my choosing.

Not for a lack of trying.

I really thought it was going to happen this morning. Really. Contractions were going "great," got the kids all dressed & packed up, called the sitters, called my parents, and then... nothing. Literally. Everything just stopped. Boo!
Graciously, my friend kept Lacie & Hyrum, and Andrea was still in school, so Mark and I got to spend some time alone...er...together. So nice!! Thank you, Tracy!!
And then...
things started back up again. Hooray!
And just in time for my afternoon OB/GYN appt. Hip, hip, hooray!
Literally, I walked in there and announced that I was in labor.
Yeah.
Doc shot that down pretty fast.
I was having pretty intense contractions. Just not intense enough.
And then they stopped.
Again.
Double blast!
I was about in tears. (C'mon, I am control freak, after all!)

So instead of heading to the hospital like we had hoped/expected, we headed back home to pick Andrea up from school. Wouldn't you know, it was a good thing we did.
The poor girl informed me after getting home that it hurt when she went to the bathroom.
Uh oh.
I called the pediatrician right then and was (thankfully!) able to get her in - last appointment of the day, no less. Sure enough - her urine sample was more blood than urine. Urinary tract infection. Ouch!
Ouch! Ouch!
Those who have had one can attest to what I'm saying, that they are NOT fun. Wow, do they ever hurt. Especially if you get to the stage where blood is involved. Not, not, not fun.
Poor kid!

So.
I guess in a way, it's a really, REALLY good thing baby boy did not come today.
I don't think Andrea would have been brave enough to speak up at the sitters', and certainly not in time to get her in before the ped's office closed. Then there's the whole issue of Mark having to leave me at the hospital...

Maybe it's a good thing I'm not in control after all.

5 comments:

Lisa said...

:(
I'm sorry. But such a good thing you could be there for Andrea! Hopefully tomorrow?

MoM said...

no stranger to blessings--more strange blessings

Anonymous said...

Ouch. Enough said.

Sally said...

Poor Andrea :( Give her a hug from us! Funny how Heavenly Father always has a better plan for us than we have for ourselves--I'll have y'all in my prayers!

Kylene said...

Yes, as much as I wish I could control all aspects of my life, it seems I am quickly reminded that the "plan" has always been His plan all along.

Good Luck!