Monday, January 31, 2011

Haunted

My house is not haunted. My bedroom is.

We have a ceiling fan/light over our bed. It has 3 different speeds. As a gift to me Mark set it up to be on a remote so I wouldn't have to manually change it. Very thoughtful, very sweet. But somehow it offended the room.
Now at random intervals throughout the day our light will turn on/off, and the fan will pick and choose different speeds to blow. On its own. Without anyone in the room. Or you could be in the room and it will do it on its own.
Mark says it must have something to do with the frequency that it's on and maybe a neighbor has something on the same one?
Hmmm.
I might be able to buy that, but it doesn't explain my clock...
My alarm clock is useless - as an alarm, and as a clock. The thing doesn't work. But the way it doesn't work is so perplexing, again I have to chalk it up to the haunted room.
See, you can set the time and it will be correct for a number of days, and then all of a sudden it will be 45 mins fast. Or 20 mins slow. Or 4 hours off one way or another. Whatever it is, it is never predictable and never the same. And the alarm? You'd think that by having it switched to "off" would mean it wouldn't go off. Not so! This thing goes off any time it jolly-well feels like it! Aargh!
The other night was especially fun when I awoke to the fan going at full speed. It was a chilly night, so I wanted it off. It wasn't a couple of hours before the alarm then sounded. Great way to wake up in the middle of the night. I turned it off and was just about to sleep (again), when the lights flew on. Really? REALLY?!
Turned them off. Back to sleep. 2 hours later the alarm goes off - again.
I was ready to scream.

For Christmas Mark got me a new alarm clock. It was a fancy-schmancy one that set itself by satellite, so it was always accurate. No more crazy time changes! Hooray!
I excitedly plugged it in to try it out...
only to find that it consistently set itself to the wrong date.

No kidding. My room is haunted.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

"This thing goes off any time it jolly-well feels like it!"

Hahaha. I'm sorry, but this is hilariouse. I'm laughing with you right?

Jen said...

Oooooooo! Definitely scary :)

Heather said...

That's creepy... But funny...