Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Random Thoughts

1. Just got back from the OB/GYN. It's been 9 weeks since my last appt. Whoops. I informed my doc about the date I've set for this kid to come (2/22). He says, "Yeah... good luck with that."

2. I don't understand why kids run away from diaper changes. I mean, is it really so fun to walk around with a dirty nappy hanging between your legs? I don't get it.

3. After-school pick-up zones are the most absolute dangerous places to drive/walk.

4. It's not very comforting when you tell your doc you are in incredible amounts of pain and he just chuckles.

5. The latest name we're considering for the baby is Zeus. Is that too ostentatious?

6. Am I completely unreasonable for refusing to wash the the crock pot if Mark refuses to use the liners?

7. I'm still at a loss for the perfect response to a kid who is constantly complaining that things aren't fair. I always hated the old, "Life isn't fair," but I can't think of anything better. Any ideas?

8. I hate banana chairs.

9. I can't help myself when watching movies and the characters are about to make a really bad decision -- no matter how many times I've seen it, I will still try to "talk" them out of it.

10. Hyrum's current obsession is to put things up one or both of his nostrils. I don't even bother to fight him on it anymore.

5 comments:

Molly said...

5. Yes.
6. Only if you want to use the crock pot again.
9. Me too.

Sally T. said...

1. I made up my own due date too. The CNM just raised her eyebrows.

2. I know. And at 7.5 months pregnant, I'm tired of chasing mine.

5. Yes.

6. No.

7. You just need to add "...and anyone who says differently is selling something." That will at least make you feel better - if you like Princess Bride.

8. Or those big, basket-shaped chairs. Evil.

10. For Lucy, it's her ears. Ew.

:-) Thanks for sharing!

Anonymous said...

Fun post!

Jon said...

8. For some reason it is irresistible to roll over my own fingers on a banana chair. I think it starts with the suspicion that it would hurt to do it and then I just have to know for sure.

10. Just make sure nothing gets lodged up there for too long. Ask the South boys about Amanda when she was a baby. Wow.

Lisa said...

Dude, those crockpot liners dropped from heaven. Tell Mark he's crazy.