Thursday, January 6, 2011

Question

Can I count it as having had a "pregnancy moment" if it's not the first or even second time I've locked myself out of the house?


The good news is that no one called the cops on me as I tried to kick in my own door. Again.

The bad news is that on a highly visible and trafficked street, someone can kick against the front door for 20 minutes with people driving and walking past, even parking at the house across the street, and not say or do a dang thing.

Then again, with my big ole pregnant belly, maybe I don't look the part of threatening criminal. But then, wouldn't my plight be all the more visible and pathetic-looking?


p.s.
Btw, I never did manage to kick the door in. Mark did a good job repairing it from the last time I did - and was successful. Which is good, since our friend in the neighborhood just got robbed a couple days ago. Good thing I locked the house up tight, huh?

3 comments:

Jen said...

Man! That's quite the plight! It brings back to memory the time one of the kids locked the back door before shutting it, and we returned from a temple dedication (on a winter day) to find ourselves locked out. Jon very handily sawed off the doorknob so we didn't freeze to death. Gotta love it!

Heather said...

Well, the reason you got pregnant was so that you'd have a cover for your underhanded burglarings, isn't it? :-)

Anonymous said...

Of course you can blame it on pregnancy! You better use that pregnancy card as much as possible before numero quatro comes along.