Wednesday, August 27, 2008

I'm warning you...

so I realize I vent quite a bit about being pregnant. It is the biggest thing going on right now -literally, haha. Or not so haha. Actually that's the point I'd like to make. Or rather warning. If I have one more person ask, "How many do you have in there?" followed by, "Are you sure? Did they already do a thing to check and see?" I think I will literally go postal.
Seriously.
Has it ever been acceptable in our society to walk up to someone with wide eyes and ask them how long they've been obese? And then scoff at their answer as if surely they must have had more time than that to consume that many calories. Or how 'bout asking them if they always put on that much weight when going through a difficult time?
I didn't think so.
So why, oh why would anyone possibly think that it would be okay to suddenly make such remarks to a woman who is extra emotional, extra hormonal, and has absolutely no control over the fact that the parasite spawned within may or may not be stretched out length-wise just to see how far in fact her stomach will stretch before the skin bursts and pieces are left on the walls. Don't know about yall, but I feel pretty cool and sexy like that. Especially when I waddle. So c'mon - take a pot-shot at me.
I dare you...

3 comments:

Amy said...

Jeanette, you are so beautiful! You seriously have that "glowing" going on. Blog about it, show it off! It suits you! I couldn't believe how amazing you looked on Sunday! Not all pregnant women get that look.

Amy said...

Ok, I think I have to explain my comment because it could be taken two ways. The "it suits you" part, I meant Pregnancy suits you not showing off. HAHA! Just making sure you get it right! :D

Heather said...

I took Esther to a petting zoo once and saw a pregnant mommy goat. I have never felt so bad for a mom before. Her sides were sticking way out as if the baby were stretched out perpendicular to her spine! Sometimes during pregnancy I felt like that!