Sunday, August 24, 2008

Wa-hoo Craigslist!

You have to love that the internet provides you everything whilst in the comfort of your pajamas -- even garage sales. It's awesome. And it's brought to you by Craigslist. My new favorite addiction. I started small - got some kids clothes and a toy. Then quickly expanded my horizon and moved on to bigger items. And I got the most amazing deals!
2 nice couches for $250
4 barstools for $50
A french-door fridge for $300. And this one, Mark found the same model in a Lowes ad a few weeks later for $999. Hello!

So now I have to brag about the most recent steals. For a couple years I have been drooling with jealousy over my sister-in-law's play kitchen she had gotten her kids for Christmas. One that my kids played with every time we went there. Big, beautiful, beyond my budget. Until ... I found the posting for the slightly "upgraded" model -- a $300 price tag in stores for FIFTY BUCKS. I couldn't believe it! No way. Obviously this seller didn't realize that she could be selling it for 3x as much and still it would go like a hotcake.



Needless to say, Andrea got an early birthday present!
But the absolute best was the deal we got on our newly acquired TV. And not just any tv -- it's a 51". Massive. Especially considering that this was our old tv:



A whopping 15" that Mark got back in his college days. (He's 38 if that tells you anything)

So here's the new one w/ Andrea in front of it for reference as to its size:



The 21" next to it is one we've had but couldn't use because it didn't fit in the entertainment center. Lame, I know. But we ended up having to pull it out and use it because the first time I turned on the big one it scared Andrea so bad she was in tears! Hilarious.

Okay, so here's the best part -- what we paid for the 51": $0.00. Unless you count gas money. But seriously, it was free. GIVEN away. Swee--eet!! The "catch" was that there's something funky with the red coloring that needs to be fixed. Yeah, we need to buy 2 $10 parts. That's it! Talk about a score!
So yes, I am officially now a craigslist fan.

3 comments:

Jen said...

Nice work!

Sally said...

Whoah! Yay for craigslist! :)

Molly said...

That's incredible! I can't ever find stuff like that on craigslist. Even used barstools are overpriced in Ogden. Next time you find a huge, free TV, send it my way - I'll pay the shipping.