Monday, June 30, 2008

What's worse?

when it comes to being a mom, I find that my entire day is consumed by 2 little words: cleaning up. That's it. That's pretty much all I do. All day. Every day. Clean up breakfast. Clean up blankets. Clean up toys. Clean up clothes. Clean up towels that I folded the night before but foolishly left on the couch -- to become a "play house" for me to, that's right, clean up.
It gets a little old.
And I get a bit burnt out.
But those usually aren't things that are imperative that I do immediately.... so to be perfectly honest, I usually don't. I'll put it off. Sometimes until it IS imperative that I do it immediately.
The things that really stink to clean up are also the ones that are least fun, and, as it happens, the most imperative to do right away. (Again, blast that Murphy!) I used to think that bodily excrements were the worst. I mean, it is pretty bad. In fact I hate it - passionately.
But I think I found something to top it -- syrup. On the carpet. Whole bottle. Big bottle. From Sam's Club. Might not seem as bad, until you realize it just doesn't come out. And then the ants come marching in.
So with all that in mind, is it evil of me to laugh a little that said mess was only discovered because the perpetrator was calling for help, due to the fact that she was literally sticking to herself and couldn't move?

5 comments:

Molly said...

Last year I put off cleaning something up for a long time until I realized, just before Ben was born, that as a mom, I'm going to be cleaning a lot of stuff up for the rest of my life, so I may as well start now. Thanks for confirming that for me.

Jami said...

Woah...!! I hear ya on the cleaning. Seriously, does anyone even have a husband that cleans up after himself?

Courtenay said...

I'm soooo sorry... sounds like one sticky mess!

The other day Andrew took the kids to work with him and I had a few hours by myself with just Christian. Since he (the baby) has not entered the "mess-making-phase" yet I found myself sitting at home wondering what to do. I had no messes to clean up and I was at a loss as to what to do with my time. Crazy!

Jen said...

HOLY COW! That syrup story is unbelievable... yet, believable! ;o)

My sister explained to me that cleaning up with (many) kids in the house is like shoveling while the snow is coming down. After "finishing" you look back at your work, and it's all covered again! So no matter when someone comes to your house, it will look like you haven't cleaned... except that you have been constantly. At least know that you are in good company!

Mommydew said...

What no picture?!

Sounds like things are on the up and up, haha!