Monday, June 2, 2008

It's Grandma's fault!

I thought I was super cool last night by baking brownies and packaging some up for Mark to take to a co-worker who occasionally gives him rides when I need the car.
And I thought I was super sneaky because I had made them stealthily enough that the girls never knew. That meant that when I woke up I would be treated to a breakfast of brownies. (shut up yall, I'm pregnant)
INSTEAD, this is what I found:



What does this have to do with Grandma, who lives hundreds of miles away up in Utah?



Notice the yellow and red chairs, or as I like to call them, destructo-enablers. Any time anything goes wrong, missing or sticky you can just count on finding these wonderful gifts from Grandma at the scene of the crime. I guess in some way they also act as the give-away. Yellow chair in my bathroom up against the counter? Make-up is going to be missing. Red chair in the pantry with a variety of cans and boxes of food spilled on the floor? Someone got into the marshmallows. Both chairs in front of Lacie's crib? Andrea was trying to lock Lacie up in her crib again.
Dang chairs.

5 comments:

Jen said...

It looks like your girls will get their hands on just about whatever they want! I'm sure that determination will pay off in the future... right?

That's pretty funny! Did they seriously eat that much of the brownies? That's a lot for two little tummies! Stealthy, very stealthy! They just need to work on covering their tracks a bit more in the future.

Sally said...

Just wait til they realize they can hide the evidence--you won't have chairs to tip you off! ;)

Courtenay said...

Did you still get to eat brownies for breakfast?

Heather said...

How did I not know you were pregnant? I just thought Andrea talking about Mommy's baby was because I'm pregnant and she figured all mommies were! Congrats!

Jami said...

Yep, I can relate to that!