Sunday, June 15, 2008

asking for some prayers

So tonight I get to try to keep little Lacie up all night. Kind of a change. Usually I'm desperately trying to get her to sleep, but tomorrow morning she's going in for a "sleep-deprived" EEG to see if we can figure out why she had a major seizure a few weeks ago.
I realize that it could turn out to be nothing - just a random seizure. But you have to know that I'm already freaking out that this is the bombshell I've been waiting for, connecting all the drama at birth to how it will affect the rest of her life. On the other hand, maybe it can give us some more answers about what happened back then. Honestly, until I have the answers I'm looking for I don't think I'll ever stop worrying that it will come back to haunt us.
Until then, I'm asking for some prayers - that Lacie can be "stamped" ok or at least that we will be able to deal with whatever happens. Unfortunately we won't know anything until the 19th when we visit the neurologist, but I'll be sure to update.

6 comments:

Jen said...

We'll definitely pray for you guys and little Lacie!

Mommydew said...

You have our prayers for sure. I didn't know any of this, is there anything else I can do to help?

Lisa said...

I will definitely pray for you all! I'm completely calling you. We need to catch up...

Courtenay said...

You are in our prayers.

Jami said...

Definitely. Good luck!

Molly said...

Much love and prayers.