Thursday, June 5, 2008

Good-bye Clarks!


Tonight we went over to David and Emily Clark's home to help load up the truck and clean out the house so that they can head off tomorrow to Cincinnati, OH.
I had previously considered sabotage as a way to get them to stay longer, but thought better of it and decided that we should not make them mad, nor get sent to jail, but try to make the best of it and help out. By the way, it's not that I'm always a horrible person - going around slashing tires of moving vans. I'm just in mourning. (and I'm hormonal, so give me a break.)
We have truly enjoyed our friendship with the Clarks so much. I have especially appreciated Emily and some really great times we had together. She is one that always had something nice to say - even when I thought she was stretching the truth. And she was a dang good sport when I roped her into all kinds of last-minute "musical numbers" for who-knows-what. Everything from fiddling to funerals. One night over dinner we discovered some pretty random connections. I know the world is small, and even smaller in the LDS church, but when she knew my sister from college, my brother-in-law from her mission, and we had both dated the same guy from New Haven, CT -- while he was living in New Haven, CT -- well, I think that goes beyond the norm. Especially when you consider that she's from Kansas and I'm from Utah. And my bro-in-law is from South Africa. Go figure.
Anyway, there are lots more things I could write, but I feel they are too personal for a blog, so I'll just say this, I'm really going to miss you guys. Our little ward will not be the same. But I am so very grateful for the opportunity to have such a wonderful friendship. And if we are ever in Cincinnati, you better believe we'll be knocking at the door!
And oh yes, the girls will definitely miss William. What a fun, cute kid! Thank you for all the good times!

3 comments:

Jen said...

They'll be in good hands in Cincinnati! If they move to Fairfield, they need to look up Mark & Jennifer Anderson. If to Hamilton, Nathaniel & Kyla Fife. Jon worked with both of those guys at BYU. Awesome families! The members were really nice to us there.

I feel like I'm saying this as if someone has died, but I am sad for your loss of a close friend! It sounds like they're awesome people!

erin said...

sniff. they will be missed. great folks, those clarks.

Emily said...

So I'm really lame and haven't checked on your blog or ANYONE's or called or e-mailed anyone really. Now here it is nearly a month since we moved. Your post on us was very sweet and funny. I'll e-mail you or call soon. Glad to hear things are okay with Lacie.