Friday, May 9, 2008

Out of Commission

So I guess it's been fairly obvious that my blog has gotten very little attention from me lately. I could just say "we've been sick lately," and have it all summed up short and sweet. But I'm just not satisfied that leaving it at that would give me my full props for what really happens to a household if Mom gets sick. Or if both kids get sick. Or if Dad is constantly tired and then gets sick, and then one of the kids comes down with something and then the other succumbs, and then Mom, who has been suffering all along with "morning" sickness, realizes that the darkening redness of eyes may in fact be due to something other than the daily... management ... of the kids, since it is just found out that the neighbor kid who was over here on Tuesday has now been taking medication for Pink Eye, but then med-student friend declares that as unlikely as it is, we are lucky enough to have everyone 'down' - all with a different diagnosis, each involving pained, but not Pink, eyes, but just to keep it straight that communicable diseases are still communicable, everyone gives Mom their symptoms and is better with maybe just a lingering sore throat and cough that still, of course, requires utmost attention and care and baby-ing that all good moms are required to dole out regardless of whether or not they are about to drop dead.
But I think it would take too long to explain.

5 comments:

Jen said...

It is amazing how the world kind of stops, but doesn't stop when mom is sick! Your ability to do much stops, and you feel like you need to freeze time so you can just sleep.... Yet you still have to do your job. Moms don't get sick days off! I feel for you! Survival mode is all I can say. I hope you get better so, so fast!

Net said...

thank you!!

Mommydew said...

You are such a trooper! I mean you pulled of singing time when you should have been at home trying to reason with yourself that death is not imminent and you will live through this. Let me know if I can help.

Sally said...

You still felt that bad while leading the primary in Sac. meeting yesterday?? Wow-- you sure wore it well! I hope you're better fast.

Courtenay said...

I hope you are feeling better soon. Its at times like these that I just lay everyone on the floor in front of the TV and watch movie after movie...and eat nothing but crackers (or whatever the kids can find). I like Jen's term of Survival Mode. Sometimes you just have to make it through the day.

Please don't drop dead! We love you!