Friday, May 23, 2008

Been A While

So I haven't done so much blogging lately. Not really sure why unless you count my recent addiction to Solitaire Craving. Blast those free game websites! So anyway, apologies to those of you who check daily with baited breath and have been continually disappointed...haha. Okay, so I'm flattering myself. But still. It gets annoying when you keep hoping to get your daily dose of someone else's life and they STILL haven't updated (cough, cough, Molly).
So here's your dose of V-juice to anyone reading:

My Tirade About Cops

Cops are great. We need 'em. They protect us. They bravely face danger I'm sure quite frequently. Maybe depending on the position. Again, they're great...unless they are staked out, hiding in the median, in the middle of the road picking off unsuspecting drivers who are NOT speeding, nor are they making illegal turns; in fact they even have their blinker on and correctly turn left only into the lane nearest them unlike probably 95% of other drivers out there, but just might happen to have an expired inspection tag, which, by the way, is the biggest scam out there - like my 2003 Sonata really has emissions problems, and yet I'm totally busted if I don't go in yearly to sit in the grimy-est of waiting rooms, trying desperately to keep my 2 kids under control while shielding them from the scantily-clad-woman-with-no-logical-reason-
for-sitting-on-the-hood-of-a-car magazines, awaiting the slow-as-molasses techs to take their time trying to determine if my car is going to contribute to the hoax that is called global warming.
At that point I'm not such a fan of the cops. And I'm even less of a fan when he tells me that the ticket is $208. (gasp) Oh, and by the way, I can't go to the courthouse of the city I was driving and cited in. Too easy! I have to go down to Grand Prairie since he's a Dallas County deputy. Of course. Because the crime rate in Dallas has dropped so drastically that the deputies no longer have anything better to do than camp out in quiet neighborhoods and watch for expired tags. That is, until the evening, when they switch to calling at dinnertime to ask for a donation for the Officers Want, er Need More Money fund.
Again, cops are great. We need 'em. But let me ask you this: if I were to call you up and say that my husband works a really hard job with no A/C, and does lots of hard mental and physical labor all day but isn't being paid what he's worth, so can I count on your support for a yearly pledge of XXX.XX dollars, what would you say?
What if I throw in a cool bumper sticker?

5 comments:

Jen said...

Ah! Did you seriously get a ticket that big? Getting pulled over is a nightmare anyway (unless you're Jon who gets out of EVERY ticket). I feel for you! It's unjust!

The fund raising was a crackup! Love it.

Thanks for the dose of V-juice today!

Courtenay said...

Jeanette..you are a crack-up! Everything you say is so true to real life. I once had a lady call the cops on me for letting Eric ride 1/2 a mile without his seat-belt on (after being strapped in his car seat for over 12 hours) I thought "Lady, why not spend your time chasing after people who are really hurting their kids?!?!?"

I am glad that you wrote more in your blog because I do check it daily! As for Molly...well, maybe she died!

Molly said...

Maybe I died?! Good grief! Well, my apologies to the previously unheralded fan club, but I did put 3 or 4 things up there yesterday.

I'm sorry about your ticket. Maybe you should call them & ask for help raising money for good law-abiding citizens to pay for their tickets.

Mommydew said...

That a good shot of V-juice! I'm still laughing :) I hate when they offer me a dang bumper sticker, I always ask "Will this bumper sticker get me out of tickets?!"

greta said...

ok i just have to say thank you for the laugh! not that you getting a ticket is funny, your writing is great. give me call and we will pledge ;)