Thursday, March 27, 2008

Why I stink.

If you ever are standing near me and wonder why your nose is suddenly being assaulted by some foul odor, it's me. I stink. I do. I don't take showers enough. It's too hard. Every time I get clean I end up having to clean up an even bigger mess, and mostly out of fear for what I'll have to clean up "this time" I just don't brave it. And if you don't believe me, just check out the mess I was presented with the last time I tried to clean up:



Oh yes, that would be pink nail polish. And yes, it's all over her face, body, hair as well as bed and blankets.
Not pictured is the diaper that was filled past maximum capacity before sliding down an up-turned mattress leaving a trail behind, naturally.

Yeah, I stink.

7 comments:

Barney Lund said...

Still, what a relief for your readers...I thought that that was blood all over Lacie. I was reading quickly to find out what happened to her. Sheesh. Nice to find out it's just nail polish.

Net said...

hmmm, didn't think about that! Sorry! Though that does remind me about another time... I'll have to blog about that one next.

Nate and Alyssa said...

We had a very similar experience with Ian a year or so ago. He was supposed to be napping and instead was painting his toe nails with my brand new red nail polish on my new couch. Yes, we had red nail polish not only all over his entire body but, the couch, his clothes, when I saw his hands I thought he had been playing with a knife and cut himself. What I nightmare!! I feel for you! Don't you just love being a mom sometimes??!!

Mikel said...

I thought that was blood too! She looks like she's in serious pain from that polish!

Lisa said...

Hilarious! I know what you mean about the shower thing though, not long after I had Andrew, I would lose track of when I had last taken a shower because I was so sleep deprived. I thought everything else stunk until I realized it was me. sad....

Jen York said...

First of all, you don't stink. Second of all, that's funny - kind of (my mom brain is going back and forth on that one!) and third - Congratulations! You just got yourself a great picnic/camping blanket & such!

Sally said...

Wow, I thought that was blood too! And I see your fear...your kids sure are mischievous! (and cute!) :D