Friday, May 20, 2011

Thanks for noticing

Me: Do you like my earrings?

Mark: Umm... Well, I've never seen you wear them.
Me: I've been wearing them all day. I just took them off.
Mark: Oh.
Me: So...?
Mark: Huh?
Me: Do you like them?
Mark: Like what?
Me: The earrings!
Mark: Oh, yeah. Where did you get them?
Me: Sam Moons. Why?
Mark: Yeah. They're nice.

a little later...

Me: Okay, now that I'm wearing them, do you like them?
Mark: What?
Me: MY EARRINGS! DO. YOU. LIKE. MY. EARRINGS?!
Mark: Sure. I guess. I mean, they're earrings. Ya know?

As I exit, disgruntled, Mark calls out, "You make them look good!"
Thanks.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

it's a boy thing.

Kelly Ann said...

oh husbands. I have decided that they have "selective" hearing. They select to hear everything but their wives. Funny.

Tess said...

Wow. Mark and I need to have a talk...