Tuesday, May 17, 2011

My day

I changed upwards of 20 diapers today.

I made 3 trips to schools and spent $58 filling up the car on the way.
I grabbed a pizza because not only did I not make breakfast, I also did not make lunch nor dinner.
I ran the same 1 load of laundry through the washer for the 2nd time since I failed to move it over to the dryer before it started to mildew.
I got no dishes done.
I dodged probably 10 calls from a creditor I really don't want to talk to right now.
I sat on hold with my bank for the better part of an hour.
I helped Hyrum put together the same puzzle 4 times.
He put it together probably 8 times more.
I looked at Lacie's drawing in increments possibly 3000 times.
I watched Andrea do a "spin-kick" more times than I thought I could stand, but fewer than she wanted.
I used 3 different bottles to feed Jacob today to avoid having to wash one each time; weird that I managed to wash them each time anyway.
I only put the movie "Cars" on once today. Significantly less than usual.
I spent 1 1/2 hrs with my counselor and was interrupted every 5 minutes. (home visit)
I googled the following: lyrics to "Hush-a-bye;" travel hints & games for kids; who is Jeremy Priven?; the level of safety in regards to checks-by-phone; and, the Dragon Man's Military Museum.
I read 1 book to the girls.
I picked up a bazillion crayons. Likely the same hundred crayons over and over.
I allowed Hyrum 3 glasses of RootBeer.
I ate only 1 slice of pizza, but probably the majority of the breadsticks.
I watched the season finale of "The Good Wife" and half of "NCIS:LA" plus 2 re-runs of "Criminal Minds," all while attempting more than 18 times to get Jacob to STAY asleep.
I wrote 2 emails.
I yelled way too much.
I allowed the girls on the computer too long.
I put the wrong kid in time-out.
I never did do anything about Lacie hitting Andrea because I didn't know what to do.
I got into a "who loves who more" play-war with Lacie 3 times.
I talked to both girls' teachers.
I spent an hour trying to convince Jacob that laying on a colorful mat, staring at a blinking, singing star is fun. He didn't buy it.
I brushed my teeth once, but probably that will be all.
I didn't take a shower. I didn't take one yesterday. Or Sunday.
I replaced 1 lightbulb.
I'm about to go read a few chapters of the Book of Mormon.


I'm still trying to decide if I should feel accomplished or unproductive.

8 comments:

Mommydew said...

Have I ever told you that I appreciate your honesty?

I once washed the same load of clothes 4 times...because it just never seemed to make it to the dryer.

:)

Anonymous said...

Sounds accomplished to me!

Net said...

thanks. I wondered about even admitting all that. eh, guess it wouldn't be the first time, right? :)

MoM said...

Well, there's always tomorrow.

Heather said...

On days like that, I ask myself: are the kids alive and have their basic needs taken care of? If the answer is yes, then I must acknowledge that I accomplished something!!! Some days that's all we can do!

Molly said...

Nice did do list! Today mine is basically this: cleaned the house and hosted a baby shower. That's really about it.

Sally said...

Well, I'm impressed :) And totally relate to the re-washing of stuff that doesn't make it to the dryer. I hate waking up to the realization that the clothes in the washer have been there...way too long.

Tess said...

I'm exhausted just from READING that.... I vote accomplished ;)