Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Another (un-exciting) update

It's been a while since I last complained... er... posted. I've had some people start to wonder if that was possibly a happy sign? Sadly, no. Well, no baby anyway. My parents arrived in town on Saturday (yay! fresh ears to complain to!), and it has been WONDERFUL. All you who live close to parents, BE GRATEFUL! I realize there are pros & cons to every situation, but right now I'm just enjoying the pros of having Mom & Dad here. And so are my kids! Hooray!

And now on to the complaining! :)
I'd like to report that I've now tried and de-bunked all the so-called methods out there for starting labor: walking, spicy food, sex, bumpy car ride, raspberry leaf tea, and yes, even castor oil.
Nada.

And yes, I do realize that I'm still quite early. My "due date" isn't even for another 10-12 days (depending on who you go by). However, in all fairness to me, I have had every reason to believe it would've happened by now. Continuing my pattern anyway -- Andrea was 7 days early, Lacie was 11, Hyrum was 19. Oh, and then there's the whole FALSE LABOR I've been in nearly constantly since the 19th! "Nearly" constantly meaning good, strong contractions right up until I get to my doctor's or the hospital or call the sitters! Ach!

Anyhow, the end is nigh.
Light at the end of the tunnel.
If nothing else, I will be induced Wednesday morning at 4:30am.
Hallelujah!
So I can stop whining and just focus on having a safe, healthy delivery.

And what to name him...

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well at least it sounds like your having a good time with the spicy food and the.... walking :)

So what about the name Westin? Do you hate it? Does Mark hate it? I love it. And little Hyrum and Westin sound like good brother names.

Sally T. said...

I want to be induced. Sadly, I went with a Nurse-Midwife for this pregnancy and I highly doubt the "natural" folks will be willing to do a thing for me other than encourage the natural stuff you've been trying.

Hang in there!

Jessica said...

I don't blame you for wanting this part of the journey to be over. Joseph dropped so low last night at IKEA I began to think he'd just fall out. We are scheduled for Monday but I wouldn't mind if he wanted to come a little earlier.

Actually, if I could choose I'd have him on Friday. March 4th is the only calendar date that makes up a full sentence. March forth! Good luck on Wednesday!

Jen said...

I have learned that babies come when they are ready to, which unfortunately, isn't always when WE are ready. Lucky for you, your babies have all come early! Now that you are in good company and everything is set for him to be delivered tomorrow, you'll probably go into labor today... isn't that a pattern for you as well? going into labor right before your induction date? Anyhow, I wish you all the luck that things will go smoothly. You'll be a family of six in no time! How awesome! Two girls, to boys. It's a great pattern ;) And good luck on that name-choosing. Maybe M'Jean will be inspired again with another winner.

Sally said...

Jeanette, even in your misery/"complaining", you are hilarious :D Sorry, maybe that's not what you want to hear :S Good luck with the final stretch--I'll be praying for it to end soon.

If a good read might help, i just finished a book i really enjoyed called The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society. Witty, lighthearted telling of the experience of a group of friends during the German occupation of one of the English Channel islands during WWII. Hmmm...sounds heavy, I know, but i laughed out loud and it had such a wonderful ending :)