Sunday, March 13, 2011

short story

okay, so I've been laying low. on purpose. understandably, right? after all, it would only follow that after my hardest pregnancy I would have my hardest recovery.

anyway.
point is, I've been getting calls and inquires about whether anything has happened and if it happened okay and all that.
oops.
sorry.
so here's the short of it --

I was induced Wednesday morning, 3/2/11.

Total delivery time was 1 hr 12 mins. (!!)

7 lbs, 7.2 oz -- biggest baby yet

18.5" long -- shortest baby yet

blonde hair, perfectly round head, big eyes, absolutely beautiful.

was taken immediately to the NICU because he was having troubles breathing with water in his lungs. stayed there until Sunday morning, but is home now and doing fine.

has a name!
Jacob Allen Viehweg

blessed him in church the Sunday after he was born so that Grandpa Gary & Uncle Nick (leaving that day and the day after) could participate in the blessing.

sweetest, cutest, most wonderful little guy ever -- we are sooooo grateful he joined our family!

Yay for Jacob!


12 comments:

Courtenay said...

I'm so happy to hear your report! Didn't you break your tail bone with one delivery? Is this recovery worse? I'm so sorry:( I'm happy to hear that little Jacob is home and the you were able to pick a name. Andrew and I are still struggling with that.

Congratulations to you all! Enjoy that precious new baby!!!

Mommydew said...

Yay for Jacob!!

Anonymous said...

He's PERFECT. So jealous of the name. "Jake" is my favorite boy name EVER. But as it's my brothers name and Porter doesn't like it, I guess I'll never get the name Jacob. Glad you got it though!

Jami said...

Cute, cute! Congrats!!

Anonymous said...

So cute.

Is it true that he hasn't cried yet?

Cook Family said...

Congrats! Glad you guys are doing well. :)

Heather said...

I love that was already sucking on his thumb in the picture! He is so sweet!

I'm so glad that labor went quickly, but sad that you're having a hard recovery. I know what that's like!!

Hope you feel well soon so we can all take turns snitching him in church!

Barney Lund said...

What a cutie! Great job, Netty!

Emily said...

Congrats! I love the name, but we will never use it because it's the name of my ex-fiance! :)

Jon said...

Rah!

Sally said...

Oh my goodness, what a cutie!! I can't believe i'm a week late finding these pics...but anywho--what a great name, too! Is it a family name?
So glad he's doing well--how are the kids adjusting (specifically, Hyrum:)? And how IS the recovery? I hope you are feeling better!

Nate and Alyssa said...

Glad he finally got here and he is so cute!! Congratulations!!