Sunday, March 20, 2011

-isms

talking about death...

Me: "...but because of what Jesus did, we all get to be alive again after we die."
Lacie: [hands clapped on either side of face] "WHAT?!! No way!!"


Andrea: "Mmmmm. My tongue is overwhelmed with joy and happiness."


Andrea: "Once when I got a shot the doctor gave me a whole roll of stickers after. Do you remember that, Mom? It was when I went to Clifton. I remember it like it was yesterday."


while driving, I was trying to explain to the girls why I did not want to stop in the neighborhood we were currently in...

Me: "There are some places where there is more crime than in other places, and we don't want to be there."
Andrea: "What's crime?"
Me: "Crime is the word they use to talk about all the bad things people do -- like stealing or breaking things."
Andrea: "Or killing people?"
Me: "Uh... yeah. Bad stuff like that."
Lacie: "What bad stuff?"
Andrea: [sigh] "You'll learn more about it when you're older."

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

haha, I'm imagining learning about the whole resurrection thing for the first time.. I think Lacie's reaction was pretty spot on. I mean.. it's just AMAZING! :)

Heather said...

I love your kids' -isms!! You just never know what's going to come out of a kid's mouth!

Barney Lund said...

Cute.