Monday, March 2, 2009

Double-Teaming

Today Andrea asked/begged for me to let her use some scissors. I won't go into all the details as to why that was a very bad idea, but I told her "no."
She begged more. Pleaded. Cried. Stamped her little foot. Even tried threatening me. All very amusing for the first 30 seconds. When I finally got tired of her dramatic endeavors to change my mind I "firmly" told her that my answer wasn't going to change and if she kept it up I'd be forced to take disciplinary "action" ...

[Andrea runs out of the room crying.]
[Lacie enters, watching Andrea run past.]
[Lacie, to Mom]: "Mom, you need to share. Share and be nice to Andrea. You need to share and be nice to my little girl!"

6 comments:

Molly said...

Seriously, your kids are so funny! And you're up too late (ya, me too).

Sally said...

Too bad we have to have a double standard on "sharing", eh? :D

Jen said...

What comes around goes around, eh? ;o)

Courtenay said...

So cute!

Amy said...

HAHAHA! They just kill me!

Heather said...

That's great! Esther is always telling me to be quiet because Nathan is sleeping - even when he's awake. I guess I must shush her a lot... oops.