Friday, March 13, 2009

A Contest

Background:
Half of the fun of blogging is coming up with clever titles for each post. It's almost as important as the post itself. Well... not really. But almost. Anyway, today I had a situation that absolutely merited blogging. As is my custom, while cleaning up the mess I thought about how I would blog the scenario, thus distracting myself from the temptation to get angry or despair.
While contemplating today's scenario, however, I found myself struggling to decide upon a title for the post. Not because I couldn't think of one, but because I kept thinking of more and more. And all of a sudden, my post was not nearly as funny as the title. Thinking it tragic not to share in the fun, I am now going to put it to you, the reader (readers? I have no idea who reads this blog) to come up with and/or vote on the title.
I hope you have as much fun as I did.

Scenario:
Okay, so the little scene that started it all is this -- the girls were in the kitchen with me , receiving their first lesson on how to make Jell-O. In the background a Barbie movie was playing at a point in the show where one of the characters sings the famous Queen of the Night aria from the opera The Magic Flute.
With such inspiring background music it was only natural that we joined in... at the top of our lungs I might add. I was delighted that the girls were so enthusiastically warbling along until Andrea's wobbly vibrato turned into trembling tears and we both realized that the excitement and intensity of our own opera had caused her to wet her pants.

Titles:
Warning: only try this at home
The Dangers of Opera
Music Moves Me (my favorite)
The music kids listen to nowadays...
A girl, a song, and a wet floor
I blame Barbie
The Magic Flute isn't so magic

Your turn! What would you title this?

7 comments:

Molly said...

"Music Moves Me" is the clear winner.

Sally said...

Ha!! That's about all i can think of :D

Jen said...

I like "I Blame Barbie"

Courtenay said...

I'd have to agree. "Music Moves Me," is perfect!

GaryB said...

Aieee! duh.

GaryB said...

"It ain't over 'til the small kid pees!"

Net said...

Aieee! duh -- funny. I like it.