Saturday, October 4, 2008

What would you do?

Okay, seriously, we have some pretty inconsiderate neighbors. I get that they like to party. I get that they like to party often. And have loud music. With sound systems. And clowns. With megaphones. And I appreciate that after calling the cops on them multiple times they have now started this endeavor to appease us by warning us ahead of time that they are having a party, acknowledging that law is that they must stop the noise at 10pm. Great. Awesome. Thanks.
So what do you do when they come over all nice, inform us of yet another bash to take place -- until 1am. Even invite us to come on over (who cares that we're not Mexican, don't speak spanish or drink tequila?). Even bring us some food from the party during the party. But then at 10pm when you'd think they'd at least turn the music down, it is still pumping loud enough that the windows in the room closest rattle with the bass. Hmmm.
Does informing you that there will be a party now constitute a green light for blasting music all night? Do we go over and ask them to now turn it down? Should we take the food back? Throw it over the fence?
One thing is for sure - if they leave beer bottles on our lawn again I am going to throw a hissy fit. I don't care if they did promise us some of the birthday cake.

9 comments:

Jen said...

YIKES!!!

Mommydew said...

I feel your pain on bad neighbors. We don't have any now, but oh we have had our share. I would just smile when they are there and at 10:01pm I would call the cops :)

Emily said...

I say call the cops, too. We had neighbors that used to warn us of their parties every time, but they were a few houses down, and weren't as loud as you're describing. That's way too late to have a party that loud!

Sally said...

Wow, good luck...I'm sure SOMEthing in Conference this weekend answered this question...but I'm also sure I missed it :D

Lisa said...

I asked Jesse and he just smiled and shook his head. I'm pretty sure I evoked some childhood memory.

I know this is a little passive aggressive, but when they come to warn you, could you say "And you'll be wrapping up around 10, right? Thanks!"

You know, they warn you, so you warn them.

Lisa said...

oh, I forgot to say that I would still call the cops at 10 if they weren't quiet.
And I was going to say, don't reject the food. It's very insulting. (That evoked MY bad memories from meeting Jesse's grandma. eek!)

Jami said...

Dang. I always say call the cops, but when it comes to actually doing it I can be a wimp. That fine sure doesn't seem to bother them does it?

Anonymous said...

Hey! At least your neighbors bring you food! :)

The Eggleston family said...

Just let us know when you want to party. We'll bring the speakers and throw root-beer cans on their lawn! Who knows, maybe we can even get some shasta and sprite?!! ;) It's our way of returning the favor. Oh, and don't forget to take them some cake!