Saturday, October 18, 2008

Pampered

Saturday I got the royalty treatment. Mark was so good to me. He got up at an unearthly hour with the girls and let me sleep in, made breakfast, did dishes. Awesome. And then he let me go get really pampered -- went to the salon to get a nice manicure w/ the pretty acrylic french tips, pedicure (the 45-min "sport" version because apparently I had some mega callouses going on), then leg & eyebrow waxing. Nice.

[I say this knowing that I am potentially endangering friendships with those of you who know this as just a regular grooming routine and may now be worried about my hygenic standards. But as it is definitely NOT a common procedure for me I was a bit excited and therefore ready to take the risk.]

Back to Mark...
Okay, so he didn't actually know in advance that I was going, and he kinda freaked when I showed him the bill, but after a minimal amount of persuasion and kind of a lot of scalp massage, he was okay with it. What a guy!

Back to the salon...
Since (as stated before) I am not a frequent customer at the salon I felt a bit awkward with all the questions and instructions that I did not understand. It totally reminded me of the following comedy sketch (Molly, I love you for showing me this). Of course, when one of the girls working there actually quoted a reference to the sketch it made the rest of the time that much more uncomfortable since I had to keep my legs crossed tight to make sure I didn't pee my pants from laughing so hard.


10 comments:

Jen said...

Funny!

Mommydew said...

haha! Glad you got pampered :)

Molly said...

What was the reference that she quoted?

Jami said...

love. it.

Cook Family said...

That video was classic....that so happened to us when we went for my sister's bachelorette evening. There were 5 of us each with a different salon worker...needless to say, they were ALL talking about us!!! LOL

Courtenay said...

That is hilarious. I have only had my nails done once and that was the EXACT experience I had. Gotta laugh!

Barney Lund said...

Like Molly, I want to know which line she used.

Net said...

She said, "wha-evah you li, we do fo you."

The Ticktockman said...

Sounds like an awesome day! I'm jealous, but happy for you!

Sally said...

Glad to know i'm not the only one who couldn't understand the girls, the one time I ventured into one of those places! :D