Sunday, October 12, 2008

Andrea-ism

A conversation we had on the way home from church today...

Andrea: Where does Jesus' father live?
Mom & Dad: He lives in heaven.
Andrea: I want to go to heaven so I can see him.
M&D: Well, that's why we have to be really good here on Earth - so that when we die we can go to heaven and be with him.
Andrea: I want to die right now.
M&D: Oh, but if you died and left us right now we would be so sad. We would miss you so much.
Andrea: But I want to die and go to heaven right now.
M&D: That would be so fun to go to heaven right now, but we would miss you. Do you think you could wait a while before you die?
Andrea: Okay. Just one more time and then I'll die.
M&D: Okay. Will you just make sure to let us know before you die?
Andrea: Yes - first I will go to Elliot's house, and then I will die.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

HAHAHAHANOT. Not funny at all. AT ALL. Seriously. !!!

But Andrea is funny, and cute to boot!

Jen said...

Oh my gosh! Andrea! Wow. A child's simple view on life... and death. Love it.

Sally said...

That is cute. Hilarious, actually--yay for no fear of death! ;)

Sally said...

P.S. sorry if that sounded morbid--I just mean yay for a child's faith! :)

Courtenay said...

so sweet!

Devin said...

You didn't let her go to Elliot's, did you?

You can never let her go.