Thursday, November 1, 2007

Outsmarted

That Andrea smelled of Laffy Taffy as she climbed into bed with me this morning should have been my first clue that something was horribly wrong. That she owned up to eating Halloween candy was the second. That I distinctly remembered having put all the candy out of reach last night before I went to bed was my third. So it shouldn't have been a shock when I went into the nursery this morning only to find Andrea's bed littered with candy wrappers, half-eaten suckers and candies too hard to eat, and the bag of candy deemed "not okay for the kids" that I apparently did not hide well enough.
And before I could compose the look of horror on my face, the rustling sound of yet more candy wrappers caught my attention. I turned to look at Lacie, almost not wanting to know what I was about to find. And what did I find? That Andrea had finally learned to share.

5 comments:

Barney Lund said...

Yea Netty! Welcome to Blogdom. I don't know if you've heard of mine yet or not, but it's on my site: barneylund.com. Anyway, I am VERY much looking forward to reading your blogs. So far, so very good. Keep it up!!!

Barney

Sally said...

Hee hee! Well said--way to look on the bright side! Sharing is great--it's obviously hard to teach a child that sharing needs to be selective... Ah, well!
And I second the two thumbs up on the blog--maybe I'll start one, too! Thanks for sharing.

Lisa said...

What do you mean your blog isn't fancy. It's fancier than mine!
ps those pictures are hilarous. You just KNOW they are so pleased with themselves.

Angela said...

what!? Another blog to read???!!!! Glad it's yours, you're such a wit. Ahh the day after halloween - such great times, sugared up kids running in circles and endless sticky fingerprints to clean later....

Jon said...

Dang! That's a nice mess there.

I'm not sure I would call it sharing though... maybe it was all a trap to place the blame on Lacie!