Sunday, November 4, 2007

It was bound to happen eventually

I know that I'm a bit of an optimist when it comes to setting that standards bar high -- especially for my poor kids. Some days I have to actually verbalize a reminder to myself how young they are. Even so, I knew that the possibility was out there that one day it could happen. And there would be nothing I could do to stop it. I know it's something you just have to deal with; I remember having to deal with it as a child with younger siblings who did it. And yet, I didn't expect that it would happen so fast. I guess maybe I just wasn't planning on it; or maybe it was wishful hoping? Regardless, it finally happened. Just as I feared it might. And, as feared, I was there to have to deal with it.
It took me completely by surprise. I had no idea. There were bubbles everywhere - conveniently hiding it. And the smell! How had I missed that? My super-sonic-radar-nose hadn't even picked up on it. How did this happen? I even made sure to have each girl at least try before they got in. But it was all to no avail. When the water drained and the bubbles cleared, there it was. And it took me a second to register what had happened before the horror of it all kicked in. But there was no denying it. Ugh! All over! And what to do? Get the kids out or try to take it out? And then, how to handle it? Oh! Gross! It was awful! I can't even go back in there. I can't face the mess left behind. The day had come - someone pooped in the tub.

1 comment:

Angela said...

this is the first time that has ever happened? Wow! But rest easy - bathtub poop is the cleanest poop on earth.