Wednesday, November 28, 2007

A bad day

This morning I was reading a friend's blog entry about a very bad day she had. In a comment I posted to her I attempted consolation by relaying my day's bad experience. Little did I know it was only the beginning...
The day didn't start so bad. It was pretty good, actually. By 9:30am we were all up, dressed, fed, and ready for Emily Clark and her son, William, to come over so we could practice (violins). That doesn't happen every day, sadly. And we were actually able to get in some good practice in spite of the demands for juice, water, food, toys, play violins, etc. As things were wrapping up, though, we started talking about how the program that we were playing for would proceed. It wasn't until that moment that I realized the ward Christmas party was going to be the "Jeanette Viehweg show." Ahh! I was putting together and directing 2 of the 3 musical numbers, playing the 3rd musical number, then playing background music for the nativity scene. Then I was supposed to be one of 3 elves in a play where we discuss our concern over Santa being too fat to fit through the chimney. I got to be the one to tell everyone they needed to take diet pills and stop eating Thanksgiving leftovers. Umm..... how did this happen?!
As the panic set in, patient Emily started going over my options and ways in which I could gracefully or not-so-gracefully get out of the different things. And then it was quiet. Too quiet. Emily noticed it first, scared that maybe William had gotten into the Christmas tree room (and therefore ornaments). She checked there while I went into the nursery only to stop dead in my tracks with horror. And then start yelling with horror.
Once again, Andrea decided to change her own poopy diaper. With Lacie's assistance.
Poo was smeared everywhere. Especially on the cream-colored carpet. Needless to say, Emily and William made a speedy exit and the girls spent the next hour in their beds while I stripped the room of all poopy clothes/blankets/binky/juice cup/snow boots and then scrubbed the carpet. Not a happy mama. The following hour I locked myself in the bathroom, using a toothbrush to try to get all the poo off Lacie's new boots, which incidentally have the deepest traction things ever. Nooooot happy. So you can understand my frustration when a few hours later Andrea protested her nap by taking the entire bottle of baby powder and dumping it ALL OVER the room - the room with the wet-ish carpet that I had just scrubbed. Not, not, NOT happy.
I guess everything after that is just icing on the cake -- Lacie draws on the newly-bleached brick I slaved over; Mark comes home sick as a dog; Andrea throws a fit to come with me to mutual then complains the whole time that she's hungry; I can't find my glasses to drive and end up late and blind; I missed opening exercises w/ the YM/YW and therefore my opportunity to go through the song they need to learn -- for Saturday; I miss my favorite tv show.
Okay, so still not as bad as Lisa's, but I'm pretty sure if it all happens again tomorrow I'll quit.

1 comment:

Lisa said...

Oh man not the dreaded poo smear! And the baby powder, ugh!!!! I'm sorry. I've cleaned up a few poo parties in my time as well, more than I care to say.
My week's getting better, however. No car or heat yet, but everything is alright.