Monday, August 23, 2010

First Day!!

Here we are, again! Another year, another start of school.

Can you believe this was just 1 year ago?!


Today - sooo much more "grown-up"


Andrea w/ her new teacher, Ms Sommers


Andrea wasted no time finding a seat and getting started on her drawing. I practically had to shout her name to get her to look up and say 'good-bye' when I left!



This year's new addition...

LACIE-LOO!


I can't be-lieve she's already starting school! Crazy.


At least her teachers had fair warning. :)


Yes, yes, I know I'm the hovering parent - much less ready for my kids to go to school than my kids are to leave! I realize I have nothing to worry about - Andrea LOVES school. She asked if she could live at school last year. And she's literally the model student. Plus she's brilliant AND way advanced, so she's already leaps and bounds ahead of everyone in the class. Being the oldest doesn't hurt.
Lacie, on the other hand, is another story. The kid is a medical miracle for starters. She had to be a fighter from the beginning just to survive. That said, we already know she'll have more obstacles in her learning and development. But she'll sure give them a run for their money! Her quirky looks, crafty cunning and loving nature make you want to beat your head against the wall, then melt when she gives you a huge hug and says how great you are.
So good luck, teachers!
I say that with half of me wanting to laugh, "haha suckers!" and the other half of me glaring, "if you do anything to hurt my kid..."
This year should be interesting, if nothing else!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

love the new pictures! You're family is so cute and growing. They do look very grown up! AND how exciting that ones on the way! :)

Amy said...

Adorable! I just love back to school pictures.

Sally said...

All I can say is Awwwww.... :)