Friday, August 13, 2010

Because I can't sleep...

The other night Andrea asked me, "Mom, what is the secret to falling asleep? How do you do it?"
I fear I have passed along my horrible insomnia genes to my poor kiddos. How lame. I hate not being able to sleep.
Tonight I'm attempting to be "productive" while I'm not-sleeping. So I'm on laundry load #5, mastered 4-suit Spider Solitaire, worked a bit on my brass arrangement of O Holy Night, watched 2 episodes of Without a Trace, planned out some meals, put away groceries, cleaned up the bathroom, killed approx. 200 ants, and threw the food out that they had invaded.
Don't applaud. It's more than I've done all week.
Seriously.

But now I'm a wee tired out, so this post is going to be the 'random picture update' post.
Ready?


1. Lock & Lock

My new ally in my war against ants. Tonight I watched in glee as ants literally swarmed the container, but could not penetrate the air-tight seal to reach my yummy chocolate wafers. Woo-ha-ha! Take that, ants!



2. Hyrum isn't always the most photogenic




3. We love friends.

My kids were thrilled to host some friends overnight when the a/c at their house went out. (I was happy, too; just not in the picture)



4. Lacie still falls asleep in strange, uncomfortable-looking places




5. Mark is a great Daddy




6. Andrea is growing up way too fast...




7. ...but she is still best friends with Lacie...




8. ... who loves to be naked.




9. Hyrum makes a cute duck.




10. Mark is a hottie




11. Nothing says CUTE like pig-tails with big, pink bows.

8 comments:

Lisa said...

Love it. And I miss you. And I think you're insomnia is now rubbing off on me. Thanks a lot.
Oh yeah, and you're kids are stinkin adorable and getting HUGE!

Jessica said...

Cute post with a cute family. Life just keeps on coming day and night. Insomnia stinks.

Sally said...

I think you mis-understand photogenic--yes, he is :) whether or not they are great photos, he is still cute. I mean, look at those eyes!

I'm sorry to hear that you are still not sleeping! I am a light sleeper, but if i get tired enough, i can still catch some good zz's.

I love all the random photos! And i love lock & lock :)

Angela said...

Can I just stop and say... 4 suit spider solitaire!??? I'm so seriously impressed! :)

Anonymous said...

I love the pictures. We miss you!

Anonymous said...

AH! You're kids look so BIG! You are so productive at night.... Porter has the same problem. That's when he does the grocery shopping :)

M and M said...

I have insomnia too, we were meant to be friends. Also, I like your family :)

Tracy Haws said...

We should have gone grocery shopping together. I got home Tuesday night around 12:30 from Walmart. Lol. And THANK YOU a gazillion times over for saving our sweaty, hot, miserable selves.