Tuesday, April 14, 2009

-isms

We feared for a long time that we'd have a struggle keeping Lacie's glasses on her. All in vain. She doesn't want to take them off. Even to sleep. At night I have to wait until she's sleeping before I can get them off her for the night. One night Mark tried reasoning with her. She replied,

"But I need my glasses or I can't see my dreams."

I've never made it a secret that Hyrum is a big boy. And that I hope and believe he will continue growing to be a big boy. So when Andrea was getting a little too much in his face despite my repeated requests that she back off, I finally told her that if she didn't stop messing with him, once he got older and bigger he would pound on her.
Weeks later, we were driving in the car and Andrea was bugging Hyrum. I don't know what she was doing, but it made him squawk and it was getting on my nerves. When I'd had enough I told her to stop messing with him or she'd be in trouble. I meant with me, but she asked,
"Mom, is Hyrum going to pound on me when he gets bigger?"
"Probably, if you keep this up."
"I'm sorry, Hyrum, that I was bugging you. I didn't mean it."
pause
"Mom, is Hyrum still going to pound on me?"

3 comments:

Lisa said...

Haha, that's hilarious.

And no, I don't watch Britian's got talent, it's not shown in the US. I'm just on the internet too much!

Jen said...

That is so sweet: "or I can't see my dreams."

Sally said...

Thanks for the laughs!!