Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Useless Knowledge

Did you know...?


The Land Before Time has the longest running series of movie sequels? Okay, I don't actually know that for fact, but I'm 90% sure. More than Rocky and Star Wars combined. Even more than all the different takes on Batman and Superman.
In case you don't have your calculators at the ready, that's 13, people.
THIRTEEN.
And for those of you who have dodged, er, missed this movie series I thought I'd fill you in so you don't feel bad. Nice of me, huh?


  • The original was directed by Steven Spielberg and is actually quite decent.
  • The rest of the movies are 80% screaming, 20% (cheesy) singing.
  • There are 7 different actors over the course of the 13 movies who voice the main character, "Little Foot."
  • The third (and final) "Ducky" actor should win an award for Most Obnoxious Voice. Ever.
  • Keifer Sutherland (aka Jack Bauer) has a large role in movie #10.
  • No one ever gets eaten. Weird.
  • T-Rexes never seem to prevail against brontosauruses. Again, weird.
  • Cera, the Triceratops, never learns. Seriously. She makes the same mistakes every. single. movie.

Can anyone guess how it is that I came to possess all this awesome knowledge? 







1 comment:

Kim Zielke said...

As a victim of several of the "wonderful" movies in this series, I can completely agree. My sympathies!