Thursday, November 18, 2010

God is Good

I don't know if it's more the human factor, or a personality quirk that I'm constantly needing reminders that God is aware of me. Even though I already know it. Kinda like how I'm constantly wanting Mark to "prove" he really, actually loves me.
I know.
Chalk it up to insecurity.
Anyway.
In the last couple weeks I've been given the heavenly head's up so blatantly - 2 times! - that I can't just let it sit and not say anything. So naturally I blog! :)
Actually, the first experience was a little too personal to share with everyone. Sorry. But it was one of those times that made it so clear that not only is our Heavenly Father aware of me, but really truly knows me. And when it's so pointed out so obviously, how can you not just feel awesome?
So let me illustrate with my 2nd case-in-point:
Last Thursday night Mark declared that his car had, indeed, bit the dust. Maybe. And unfortunately, in order to determine this he had to tear apart the engine. Not something he was looking forward to. It was a slow, laborious process and by Monday night Mark concluded that either we could spend $100 and a lot of time changing out the gaskets and maybe it would fix the problem, or the problem was a whole lot more serious and we could waste the $100 and still be up a creek. Mind you, this is our beater car we bought on ebay for $537. Yes, we've put $ and time into it since then, of course, but you see the quandary?
In the meantime, Mark had to take my car to work, leaving me car-less and unable to pick-up/drop-off the girls to school. So we turned to our good friend, Craigslist. Sadly there were only 3 vehicles that fit our criteria, and none really looked promising. Mark was depressed. I felt helpless. We discussed our options and just as Mark was concluding that we'd have to just wait for another viable option to post, it did. Right then. Literally. Mark called and we picked it up that night. The guy even dropped the price $100 just to get rid of it faster. And it turned out to be a better purchase than we [nervously] hoped.
It wasn't a million bucks falling out of the sky. It wasn't Clearinghouse Sweepstakes at the door. It wasn't a free-ride, easy out, genie-in-a-bottle wish come true. But it was an answer to a prayer. It was an opportunity when we were hurting for options.
Mostly, it was just one more time that our Father in heaven let us know He cares.

7 comments:

Mardi said...

That is so wonderful. Oh, the power of prayer.

Jen said...

Awesome!

Lisa said...

Can you send some of that my way? thanks.

Anonymous said...

What a refreshing post! Thanks for sharing!

Sally said...

That's fantastic. Seems like i need those reminders all the time lately, too. Or at least, i need to look harder for them. And Yay for a new car! :)

Marcie said...

Wow! That's great! You remember our Geo Metro? I bought it from my roommate at BYU for $2,000 11 years ago. Well, it finally died for good. We're so sad. It died in September and we've been sharing a car since then (my van.) We tried buying Nathan a car off craigslist a couple of weeks ago and the "good deal" turned out to be a scam. So I'm glad it worked out for you! Now I'm hesitant to buy him a car, but sharing is difficult too. I need to have more faith. Thanks for sharing. Oh, have you guys gotten a van yet?

Anonymous said...

Heavenly Father is so nice.