Monday, May 11, 2009

AAAAHHHHHH!!!!!

Part 1: Intervention Needed

"Those who do not complain are never pitied." --Jane Austen


Soooooo, I kinda have this bad habit of cutting hair. My hair. And I really shouldn't. Especially when there are external stress factors that might make for less-than-optimal decision-making abilities. Like the time when I was 8 months pregnant and was therefore unable to attend my little sister's wedding (states away). Depression sets in, scissors come out and hair comes off. Oh yeah, and since I decided to color it, it ended up a shade brighter than radioactive yellow.
Each time it happens I always swear that I've learned my lesson. And then it happens again and I tell myself, "This time I've learned my lesson."
Yeah, right.
But THIS TIME I think I really have. Or I really need to have. At least, no more cutting it at 2 am after driving 3 hrs home, getting in a fight, and being really mad & moody. NOT a good idea.



not, not NOT a good idea.

So I headed to the wig shop and whilst perusing, the sales lady asked if I'd ever considered a weave. I told her I thought my hair was too short (they braid your hair and sew in the fake). She said she could glue it. Hmmm...



okay, awful picture of me, but you get the idea of the hair. Not bad, huh? Reminds me of my senior year in high school.
Yeah, too bad it itches like crazy, hurts to sleep on, gives you headaches, is ridiculously hot, and is just plain uncomfortable.
Oh, and too bad it was GLUED in.
Cos now we're back to before, but this time with bald spots! Ouch!



I guess it's back to the wig shop!

--------------------

Part 2: Monkey See, Monkey Do


Vanity working on a weak head, produces every sort of mischief. --Jane Austen


This should have been my first clue...



leading to this...



followed by this...



ending with this...















When I called to tell Mark he asked if I wanted him to come home and shave his head.
I'm just afraid that no one will believe that I didn't chop the girls' hair!

13 comments:

Mommydew said...

Oh..Oh...Oh...oh no!

I vote your entire household should just shave their heads. Start over!

Or...I don't know...

New rule though...you HAVE to call me before you make any hair decision in the future. Got it?!

Amy said...

AHHHHHHHH!!!!! Are you dying!?

Lisa said...

I am in absolute shock! You've seen the pictures where Maddi did the same thing, And she STILL looks like a boy. And STOP messing with your hair!

Jami said...

Woah. Yep pretty much like you said...um wow :(

Rob & Shauna said...

Yikes! Yeah - sad that we've all been there with our own kids. Audrey's hair at least looks a little stylish now (after about a year from the "buzz" cut!) Good luck enduring - and I vote back to the wig shop :)

Jen York said...

Oh, Jeanette....at least hair grows back!!! :)

Jen said...

OOOOOOHHHHHHHHH MYYYYYYYYY GOODNESS! WOW. HOLY COW!

OK, I was shocked enough to see your hair back without the blonde length. I loved the look! That stinks that it didn't feel great.

But I CANNOT BELIEVE the girls' hair... or lack thereof. I guess they copy you more than you might have counted on! Hopefully a cute bob could be pulled off for them... a bob that's really short in the back? ;o) WOW. I am totally flabbergasted!

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh!!!!! I love their poses as they're showing off their handiwork. :)

Courtenay said...

Yikes Jeanette! Good thing hair grows back!!! Save all of these pictures...they might come in handy when the girls are older!!!!! :)

GaryB said...

LOL! Just in time for Summer!

Sally T. said...

Wow. Well, monkey see, monkey do! Now would be a good time to invest in cute headbands and little scarves! The weave looked pretty good, sorry it didn't work out.

Tracy Haws said...

I have nothing new to add. Wow. I'm so sorry, and at least your girls are super cute and feisty like their mama and can pull anything off.

Dr. Roger Barnick, Vancouver Chiroprator said...

I think it looks good. It's all about additude. I think all three of you should just embrace some fun punk thing. :)