Friday, January 25, 2008

Foundation woes...

So we had a lot of adventure this week! We got our foundation "repaired." In Texas, and especially the Dallas/Ft Worth and more especially Irving area, it is very common for the foundations of homes to sink or crack because the "soil" or rather, clay, here moves so much. So needing foundation work is also quite common. And quite expensive. And quite a pain!! I knew going into it that they'd be digging holes and putting stuff under the house, I just wasn't prepared for what all that entailed. Here are some pics of what our house has looked like:

Front of the house...


Our dining room...!!...


In the garage...


In the backyard...


Another shot...


The holes...


We were fortunate enough that there was vacancy at "Hotel Newman," and we stayed there most the week. The girls both handled it really well. In fact, there was a day where the girls and I stayed most the day while they were digging and jack-hammering away, and Lacie still took her nap!

5 comments:

Sally said...

Awww...I had no idea!! How's it coming now--are they done?

Lisa said...

Whoa that does not look fun, I hope they finish soon!

Mommydew said...

Wow, that looks like a headache! Just keep telling yourself in a few years you'll be laughing about it! (I hope)! :)

Jon said...

Daaaannnggg!

Amy said...

Oh my!! I am so sorry! This is probably too late but you can come hang out over here during the day! They're probably done by now right?? Well, you still can! :D BTW, I love your blog!