Thursday, December 2, 2010

Stupid dinner

Lately I've been quite the slacker where dinner is concerned. Okay, in more areas than just dinner, but let's not go there.
Anyway, I decided to put some effort into it tonight.

Glazed carrots & curly cheese potatoes (ok, the potatoes look pretty nasty, but I promise that's just bad lighting/photography... and that the Parmesan cheese looks weird... and I had to leave them in the fridge pre-cooked for a couple hours so they grayed)


Rice pudding and "party" meatballs (ridiculously yummy)


And some rolls. They aren't pictured because I may have 'darkened' them a bit much. doh.

Point is that I tried.
The result?
Andrea didn't want to come to the table because she said it was so stinky.
Lacie didn't want to eat the carrots because they were orange.
Mark wouldn't eat the carrots because he's anti-vegetable.
Lacie didn't trust the potatoes because they were curly.
Andrea wouldn't eat the meatballs because she's crazy.
Mark thought the rice pudding was too sweet & the girls thought it was too weird.
Hyrum, who had just awakened from a too-short, too-late nap wouldn't eat anything but a roll.

Tomorrow night we're having corn dogs and top ramen.

7 comments:

Jen said...

I feel your pain! It can really get a mom down when she slaves in the kitchen for hours only to be received by exclamations of "this looks gross!" (Believe me, I've had my fair share.) I think the meal looks pretty amazing!

Sally T. said...

I thought it looked good..... I haven't "been there" yet with my little family, but my brothers and sisters... I never cook in my mom's house, ever. The handful of times I've tried, I get all kinds of negative comments. This chef does not slave away for the ungrateful!!!

There's a reason you can now make instant macaroni and cheese.

Jessica said...

Trying to feed the entire family one meal seems to be an exercise in futility. But, making something different for each person is stupid and exasperating. You'll have to share when you find the answer.

Kylene said...

You make me laugh so hard! Thank you for your sweet compliment on my blog. I had Rod read your comments and for the next half hour we stalked your blog. We were both laughing so hard at the funny things your kids say and your witting writing. Yes, it's too bad we don't live closer.

Oh, and I think your dinner looks quite yummy.

...and Congrats on the BOY news!!

Heather said...

Oh, I'm sorry! Keep trying! As long as everyone gets fed something, right?

Anonymous said...

Well, I think dinner looks amazing! :)

MoM said...

I'd eat it!