Monday, February 15, 2010

Enlisting help

We' ve entered a new stage of potty-training: random bursts of desperate attempts & bribes. Okay so that's pretty much been the strategy all along.
But this time is going to be different. Know why? We're bringing out the big guns. We are taking bribery to a whole new level. And while that level might actually be stooping to an all time low, I just don't care anymore. I just don't.
So what are these big guns, you ask? 2 words: Andrea & Dinosaurs.
See, Andrea loves dinosaurs. Lacie does, too, but she's easily distracted. Andrea, on the other hand, is quite goal oriented. And she wants dinosaurs. She really, really wants some dinosaurs. So I got some cool dinosaurs - as potty rewards.
You see where this is going?
Instead of ME doing all the work, I've found a way to bribe my 5-yr old to do the work. And boy, is she motivated!

I'm either the smartest or the meanest mom around.


~~~


Update.

I realized my plan was a bit flawed after overhearing the following exchange:

Lacie: "I have to go potty!"
Andrea: "Oh! Oh! I'll help her! I'll help her!"
pause
Andrea: "Lacie, you're going to have to hold it. I need to finish my sandwich first."

7 comments:

Jami said...

Yikes. Potty training sucks bad :(

Courtenay said...

So cute!

Jen York said...

Hahaha! I think it's hilarious!

Anonymous said...

Nice. Very funny... until you have a puddle on the floor.

M and M said...

I think you're super smart, but I also don't have any experience in the matter, so you'll have to let me know how it goes :)

Sally said...

:O She's too smart for her own good... :P

Amy said...

Bahaha! Good stuff. >D