Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Neurotic




I freely admit I have problems. Issues. Whatever.
One is that I tend to go a little overboard on things that probably don't matter that much.
Last month's issue happened to be school shopping for Andrea.

first-time school mom + shop-a-holic + school uniforms that apparently are only sold June - August + OCD = me needing a spreadsheet to figure everything out.
And that was just to buy.

So that Andrea could "decide what to wear" I pulled up pics of each of the uniform clothes online, printed out multiple copies of each, cut them out, matched up the different outfit combination possibilities, glued them, laminated them, cut them out, and then put magnets on the back so every Sunday Andrea can pick out all her outfits for the week and put them on the magnetic calendar hanging in her closet. (see pic above)

I know. Issues.



ps. for anyone curious, there are 30 different outfit combinations not including the 2 different colored long pants allowed (since it's still way too hot to wear them); so technically a kid (girl) can go 6 weeks without repeating the exact same outfit.

6 comments:

Jami said...

Well...you may not be the only one. In high school I would write down what I wore everyday on my calendar so I didn't wear the same thing too close together. I got a little creative (crazy) combining things so it looked different. In choir they gave me the "Clueless" award (from the movie) because they thought I never wore the same outfit twice. I thought it was kinda cool. But my mom got really mad because she thought I had too many clothes. And now, I don't even think twice about what I put on. Maybe there's still hope for you, Jeanette! :D

Amy said...

Does she seriously have all the combinations!? I'm jealous. So is Kyra.

Jen York said...

The whole Sunday/magnet-calendar- in-the-closet idea is brilliant. I mean that. Love it. The spreadsheet, not so much. j/k :)

Net said...

Yes we have all the combinations. In multiple sizes. Just in case.
Seriously, I need help.

Courtenay said...

What a great idea Jeanette! I bet that helps getting ready for school run smoother!!

Sally said...

That and you are hilarious. But from the other comments, sounds like you're not crazy :D