Thursday, September 3, 2009

Die Dorothy Die

I am a bad person.
Seriously.
I have murder in my heart.
Nevermind that Lacie cries and tells me she is her best friend.
I don't care.
She stinks, she's messy and now she's leaking. 3 strikes, time to go.
Actually, it's not that I want to be the one to kill her -- my dang compassion is what started it all. I couldn't let her starve to death. Lame.
I should have let her wither away, but I didn't. That earns me points, doesn't it?
Problem is, she's indestructible. We've poisoned her, starved her, let her live in her filth, gone weeks before changing her nasty water; and now today I find her tank has all but completely leaked the water out. I actually kind of rejoiced. Surely she couldn't have survived that. Yet I pick up her tank and there she goes -- flopping her tail. Argh!
Why won't you die?!

Whatever.
I'm done with her now.
Andrea's at school. I prepped Lacie. We've said good-bye. I have a movie on to divert attention...

4 comments:

Mommydew said...

haha! ours has jumped out of its bowl twice! we've found it hard on the floor thrown it back in and it's still alive! it's really impressive :)

Amy said...

Hey, all I had to do is let our neighbor fish-sit. She changed his water with tap water and it grew a large hump and died :( you're mean. Thanks for bringing up such painfull memories.

Jami said...

Ha! Yeah, I still don't understand how we ended up with two. But one post on CL and people couldn't wait to get their hands on them. I don't miss them at all...

Sally said...

Wow, that's like the perfect evolutionary fish. I wonder if they haven't evolved since the dino's..?