Thursday, June 4, 2009

This morning

This morning I decided I wanted to ride a bike, so I pulled out the cute, pink one and got it all ready. Of course, as soon as I did Molly decided SHE wanted to ride it. Since it was hers, I had to concede. I tried out another (blue) bike, but it was too wobbly to ride. So I decided I'd ask my dad if I could borrow his white bike. He said no. Blast! I asked again. No. Double blast!
I skulked over to the banquet hall where they were getting ready for the big presentation. Dad's right-hand man wanted to show us something. We followed him to the back lot into creaky, aluminum shed.There he showed us some really sadistic pigs lined up behind and around a fire ring doing something I won't go into because it's disturbing. Enough so that I left. But not before asking Dad if I could use his bike again. Still no.
Once I got back to the banquet hall I asked Dad's secretary if the pigs meant he was going to change business to making sausages. She showed me the pork sliced-meat packages and told me he was going to be crazy rich. Someone else agreed.
At this point Mark reminded me that there were a bunch of old, rusty phones in the back room, and that I should get the company to use them. I sold my dad on it, pointing out that if you were arm-deep in pig, you couldn't use a cell phone very easily. The phone system was immediately installed. I started walking around, trying to memorize the newly assigned room numbers (corresponding to the phone system). Suddenly, the boss and his rather large daughter came in and the three of us sat down at a table. The daughter was excited about her pregnancy, when the cooks let it slip that she had taken a vacation around the time that she started getting morning sickness. Things started clicking into place and her husband realized she had cheated on him with one of his friends. They got into a physical brawl while the three of us remained at the table, arguing. But what I was really mad about was the fact that I had specifically written words for our song. The problem was, I couldn't remember them, so when I looked down at my cheat sheet I realized how much they had been ad-libbing. They ended up skipping over an entire stanza that I had taken much care to cleverly put together.
And I was so mad I just woke up.

1 comment:

MoM said...

You can use my bike--as long as you keep it away from those darn pigs!