Sunday, June 7, 2009

The most loving kid

Lacie is unbelievable. She is truly the most loving/lovable kid ever. She's a pill, to be sure, but a loving pill. She just wants to love and be loved. Well... and torture Andrea, annoy Hyrum, swipe binkys, shake Dorothy (our fish), change clothes every 10 minutes, watch "Caillou," jump on her bed, sneak into my bed, stockpile toothbrushes, draw on Barbies, play with Thomas, drink any canned beverage she can get her hands on, copy her big sister, and in general just wreak havoc wherever she goes.
Still. What other 3 yr old lets you rock her to sleep? And has since birth? Or constantly walks around saying, "Mom? I love you, Mom."
She gives the best hugs. She'll still give me kisses. She will NEVER leave you hanging when you say 'I love you' to her -- even if it means a 5 min-long conversation of nothing but,
"I love you."
"I love you."
"And I love you."
"I love you, too."
etc.


Today she snuggled up to me and asked, "Mom, will you be my friend forever?"

When I told Mark about it, he told me she'd said something similar to him earlier:
"Dad, will you still love me when I'm different sizes?"

MELT MY HEART.


7 comments:

me said...

Awwwww...so sweet...

Jen said...

Friend forever and loving at different sizes... so sweet!!

Lisa said...

CUTE!

Molly said...

Tear.

(as in a drop from my eye, not as in rip to shreds)

Courtenay said...

What a sweetheart!!

Anonymous said...

Wow. That is way too cute. We can't wait to see you guys!1

Jami said...

Amazing girl.